Aerowood Animal Hospital

2975 156th Avenue Se
Bellevue, WA 98007





Health Certificates for Travel




Our veterinarians are accredited by the USDA to issue Health Certificates. Most airlines require that the Health Certificate be issued within 10 days of flying. Certificates are good for 30 days. Health Certificates are required for travel by boat in Canadian waters. Your pet's current Rabies Certificate should accompany the Health Certificate.

A Health Certificate is a document that is issued by the veterinarian certifying that: (1) the veterinarian has examined the traveling dog or cat, (2) considers the pet to be in good health and free of infectious or contagious diseases, and (3) the pet has a current rabies vaccination and is not from a rabies quarantined area. The Health Certificate must be prepared by a USDA accredited veterinarian. 


If your dog or cat is traveling to Hawaii, or internationally, there may be more requirements for travel in addition to the Health Certificate and Rabies Certificate (microchip, blood tests, special forms, USDA endorsement, etc). For more details, please feel free to contact our office manager, the destination country's consulate office, or the following:



USDA Office (360) 758-9430 USDA, APHIS, VS (for international travel, including Canada and Mexico):


Hawaii Quarantine Station:  

   (808) 483-7151